overlooking Chocolate Hole harbor and, in the distance, Pillsbury Sound
Our new patio area provides a great area to relax with lots of shade
Great Expectations now has a wading pool, dip pool and swimming pool
overlooking the Caribbean Sea
"The new pool is absolutely amazing, seems like it was always here. Just a perfect addition to an already perfect place. I know we'll have lots of fun stories to share, but I wanted to just thank you and Chuck now for this week and everything you did to make it happen for us. It's going to be unforgettable!"
October St John news flashes & fun St John clips:
- St John rental car fleet to double in size! The current limit for the entire St John rental fleet of 625 cars has not increased since 1994. Doubling the limit is great news especially for visitors who wait until the last minute to try to rent their vehicles! The VI Motor Vehicle Bureau has indicated that it will also allow new rental company operators to set up shop on St John.
- The Terrace Restaurant opens facing Cruz Bay harbor, the Ocean Grill gets a make-over, and Skinny Leg's adds a smoker. If you miss The Stone Terrace restaurant you will be happy that The Terrace Restaurant (located in the same spot as The Stone Terrace) will offer similar high-end French inspired fare. The popular Ocean Grill is kicking things up a notch with home-made sausage for its gumbo, a smoker for salmon, lots of vegan choices, and an interesting new paint job. Skinny Legs has added a smoker so Uncle Joe's BBQ will have a rival on the east end of the island! Here is Pauly smoking some pork shoulder, brisket, & oysters - yum!
- Another St John beach takes top honors! Cinnamon Bay joins Trunk Bay and a select few others world wide to be awarded the coveted 'Blue Flag' by the Foundation of Environmental Education.
- 8 Tuff Miles Race Registration is open and spots are going like 'hot cakes' with over 400 people having signed up so far. The February 23 race still has 200 spots for 'off island' folks who want to make the Cruz Bay to Coral Bay race their reason for being on St John during the height of winter (not that anyone really needs an 'excuse').
- St John waters are filled with beautiful fish, turtles, dolphins, and - even - deer! Yes, deer! On his way from Cruz Bay (to his home on Lovango Cay) our friend Dan Boyd captured this great photo of a deer swimming in Cruz Bay harbor!
- Trip Advisor is always a great source for learning about what is hot on St John. Recently a forum guest, a first-timer to St John, asked a simple question - 'What are your favorite beaches, restaurants, bars'? Well, a flood-gate of information and suggestions came foreward proving people are passionate about St John! Oh, did we mention that Great Expectations is rated #1 on Trip Advisor by travellers out of 500 vacation villas on St John!