Some additional 'rules' added by others were: 1. Let everyone book their own airline tickets. 2. Some people assign the days to have a different person responsible for each dinner (or planning the activities for the day). 3. Don't feel as though you have to be joined at the hip. It is OK to go off on your own to explore STJ.
The most important common thread was the 'no whiners' aboard. We know that it can be hard to do the planning for a large group but, we also know how much fun it can be to vacation with a group of friends.
This is why Great Expectations has just added a new discount to our family of 'specials' (Bride & Groom Stay Free!, Grandparents Stay Free! Active Military Stay Free!). The new special is specifically for groups of couples traveling together. See our website for details:
- St John's 2013 Carnival was a great success again this year. This year's Festival Parade was colorful as usual. The winners, by category, were detailed in the St John Tradewinds and captured in this video by Virgin Islands Source.
- Delta and Jet Blue are expanding service to the US Virgin Islands. This winter Delta will have more direct flights to St Thomas including a daily flight from JFK to St Thomas. In addition both Cape Air and Seaborne Airlines are expanding their service from Puerto Rico to St Thomas.
- Speaking of airlines, News of St John recently had a great posting about 'Finding the Best Airfare to St Thomas' we thought would be of interest.
- Fodor's Travel Guide published its 'Top Reasons to Go to St John' including: beach hopping, hiking Reef Bay, Snorkeling at Trunk Bay, Relaxing at a Villa (we like this one the best and have a great villa to recommend!), and exploring Cruz Bay.
- Popular Cruz Bay restaurant ZoZo's will serve its last meal at Gallows Point this coming Saturday. Fret not though it is not closing but, rather, as of November it is just changing its vantage point for fabulous sunsets and panoramic views of Pillsbury Sound to the enchanting Sugar Mill Restaurant at Caneel Bay. We are now all waiting to see what will take its place at Gallows Point.
- Ever season the restaurant scene changes on St John and this year is no different. The successful Sun Dog Cafe owners are branching out and will open the Virgin Fire Bar & Grill Restaurant this fall in the Mongoose Junction space that housed the former LaPlancha del Mar restaurant. The owners promise to feature foods that are grown or inspired locally, hence the name.
- Great Expectations has a few openings during 2013 (summer and fall) and we are offering them at great savings so take a look our last minute specials. If winter time is your preference to be on St John, do not dilly-dally since our calendar is already filling up for next winter (and spring).Contact us today to secure your week on St John.