Enjoy our September newsletter...
Snorkeling Around St John is Worth the Trip
September St John news flashes & fun St John clips:
- St John is #1 again! Caribbean Journal includes St John on their 'Caribbean's 10 Best Beaches for 2013' list.
- Recently, we have heard encouraging news that airfares are going down and lower this year than last! Recently, there have been several posts on Trip Advisor about great airfares for JetBlue's Boston - St Thomas flights.
- Welcome to St John - Gallows Point Gift & Gourmet has a new owner. This couple are truly in love with St John (and, who could blame them) having gotten engaged and married on St John.
- Love St John and love birds? St John has some wonderful sanctuaries for wildlife and birds and now we will have a great opportunity to view them without being intrusive. St John will have a new bird viewing walkway in Frank Bay within walking distance to Cruz Bay which will be easily accessible for all to enjoy.
- Caneel and Rosewood Hotels & Resorts are parting ways this fall but, worry not, Caneel will still be Caneel. They anticipate no changes in local personnel other than those already announced such as the opening of Zozo's Restaurant this fall in the space that has long been the Sugar Mill Restaurant.
- Found on the beach of Cruz Bay recently were three 7' long cannons which by all accounts had been there for over 100 years! While no one knows for certain the origin of these cannons, it is thought that they were moved along with ammunition from Fortsberg in Coral Bay to Cruz Bay after the Coral Bay fort was decommissioned in 1765. Pretty cool.
- On-line registration for this year's 8-Tuff Mile Race will start October 1. Registration is limited (and final) so if you are planning to walk or run the race this year (February 22, 2014) mark the date on your calendar and make sure you register early.
- Great Expectations has a few openings this winter. If winter time is your preference to be on St John, do not dilly-dally since our calendar is already filling up for this winter (and spring). Contact us today to secure your week on St John to make sure you have a place in the warmth
Cheers, Kristin & Chuck